Buying an aircraft is, in many respects, similar to a real estate transaction.
Yet, many buyers make this major purchase without professional guidance. Being an informed buyer helps you get a better deal and avoid issues down the line.
As your Buyer Broker, my objective is to help you avoid troubled aircraft during the search, and to dig deep into the aircraft's history and logbooks to discover as much as possible before you commit to buy. Then, I facilitate the purchase process to ensure your deal is properly executed.
Remember, the seller's broker protects only the interests of the seller.
Many buyers think the friendly sales broker on the other end of the phone is there to help them. This is unfortunately not the case. They are paid by the seller and are there to represent only the seller. As your Buyer Broker, I am there to represent only you throughout the discovery, negotiation, and purchase.
Hiring me as your Buyer Broker costs far less than some of the mistakes or undiscovered issues that can come up during or after the purchase which can cost you thousands.
Why do you need me?
- I help and guide you through the process
- I help identify "red flags" that come up during the search, evaluation and inspection of a candidate aircraft
- I handle the negotiating
- I help ensure the purchase is properly executed with a formal sales contract, a reputable funds escrow service, title search, and the completion of all required FAA forms and documentation
- I help you locate an IA and coordinate the pre-purchase inspection
- I perform a detailed logbook review, an often overlooked or lightly taken process which can later prove to be a serious mistake if left out.
What will you get?
- A needs evaluation, to determine which model works best for you
- Market evaluation to understand price point
- Review and recommendation of financing options, if needed
- Extensive search of the market for your target aircraft model
- Evaluation of selected model, including logbook review
- Purchase offer, negotiation and sales contract
- Escrow arrangements, including title search
- Coordination of an IA, a master aircraft mechanic, to do a pre-purchase inspection (recommended, but not required)
- Coordination closing the deal
- Ferry pilot arrangements to get your aircraft to you, if needed
If you are a first time buyer, or if your flying goals are taking you to an aircraft type that is less familiar to you ...
As we shop, I will help you understand the pros and cons of various aircraft models and their configurations. Please take a look at About Me to see the extensive General Aviation knowledge and experience that I can leverage to help you get into the right aircraft.
Buyer Broker engagement works on percent of purchase price with a retainer payable upon engagement, funded by the buyer.
Let's connect and talk