Buying an aircraft is, in many respects, similar to a real estate transaction.
Yet, many buyers make this major purchase without professional guidance. Become an informed buyer by hiring a professional to assist.
As your Buyer Broker, my objective is to help you avoid purchasing a troubled aircraft, and to dig deep into the aircraft's history and logbooks to discover as much as possible before you commit to buy. Then, I facilitate the purchase process to ensure your deal is properly executed.
Remember, the seller's broker protects only the interests of the seller.
Many buyers think the friendly sales broker on the other end of the phone is there to help them. This is unfortunately not the case. They are paid by the seller and are there to represent only the seller. As your Buyer Broker, I am there to represent only you throughout the discovery, negotiation, and purchase.
Hiring me as your Buyer Broker costs far less than some of the mistakes or undiscovered issues that can come up during or after the purchase which can cost you thousands.
Here's how I assist you ...
- If you are unsure which aircraft is best for you, we work together to discover your flying mission and determine which aircraft best fits your needs
- I help identify "red flags" that come up during the search, evaluation and inspection of a candidate aircraft
- I review logbooks prior to extending an offer, to look for potential issues - a logbook review is an often overlooked but critical part of the evaluation
- I help you determine market value and guide you through the purchase process
- I handle the negotiating process, if you prefer
- I help ensure the purchase is properly executed with a formal purchase agreement, a reputable funds escrow service, title search, and the completion of all required FAA forms and documentation
- I help you locate an IA that you can engage for an optional pre-purchase inspection
- I provide ferry services, or a well-qualified ferry pilot, to ensure safe delivery of your aircraft to you (ferry services are at buyer's expense)
If you are a first time buyer, or if your flying goals are taking you to an aircraft type that is less familiar to you ...
As we shop, I will help you understand the pros and cons of various aircraft models and their configurations. Please take a look at About Me to see the extensive General Aviation knowledge and experience that I can leverage to help you get into the right aircraft.
Buyer Broker engagement works on a retainer and hourly rate, funded by the buyer.
Let's connect and talk